Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

So, I am now officially 20...I'm so old! It was definitely the best
birthday I have ever had...in Tchad. I was able to talk with Alyssa
Fitting on Thursday, as like a before birthday gift, and than on my
birthday I got to talk with my family, what a blessing! Friday night
(my birthday eve) all of the missionaries from Bendele ate around a camp
fire, sang, and than slept on top of these super huge containers! It
got pretty cold during the night, but it was a lot of fun. Then Tammy
and Brichelle came up to my hut and surprised me with a piece of pumpkin
pie, a candle, and a birthday song, and then they took me to church.
After church it was pretty chill, we ate left overs from Thanksgiving,
and vegan ice cream...which was pretty amazing actually! Than, I was
chillin at the hospital and all the people down at the hospital had
planned a surprise birthday party for me! We all went back down to
Bendele and ate dough boys and chili, sang songs again, and played
games. They played mafia for hours! It was so funny watching and
listening to them play, and learn how to play! I was talking with
Matthew about farting and what we missed about home, but that was fun
too! Then we slept out on part of the run way, and looked at stars
through a telescope. I had so such fun! The only thing that kinda
wasn't fun was the fact that we slept out on the run way. It got SO
cold! I know I'm in Africa and all, but it got down to the 50s, and
most of the people had a hard time sleeping! After we all woke up at
around 5am, we watched Mulan, and than departed to our different areas!
It was really nice though that they all planned it for me, and took the
time to make the day special for me! I have been so blessed, and I
really want to praise God for another year of life that I have to learn
how to love Him more and share His love with others! I hope that
everyone has an amazing and blessed week! Continue praising God for
each new day of life that He blesses you with!

No comments:

Post a Comment